Rin and Nadeshiko agree to go camping in Nanbu, but Nadeshiko comes down with a cold and has to cancel. Rin changes plans, and decides to go to the city of Ina, which is across the Southern Alps from Minami where she lives. Google Maps shows her that the shortest route is a mountain path with the trailhead at Yashajin Pass. She rides there on her scooter, but isn't allowed to take it onto the trail. She rides north and crosses the mountains at Tsuetsuki Pass, stopping at a cafe there.
Arriving at Ina, Rin visits Kōzen-ji Temple, which she thinks of as the doggy temple, and buys a charm in the form of a cute dog. Next she goes to the hot springs where she falls asleep after having dinner, waking up after dark.
Notes & Trivia
- Rin goes to Yashajin Pass (夜叉神峠), but her scooter isn't allowed on the mountain trail.
- Rin goes to Tsuetsuki Pass (杖突峠) and eats at the cafe.
- Rin goes to Kōzen-ji Temple (光前寺), which hosts the grave of dog-spirit Hayatarō.
- Rin goes to Hayatarō Onsen Komakusa-no-yu Hot Spring (早太郎温泉 こまくさの湯)
- There's no opening credits for this episode, but the opening song plays while Rin is riding on her scooter.
- Yamanashi Tourism official Yuru Camp page for this episode
- 夜叉神峠 (Yashajin Pass)
- 杖突峠 (Tsuetsuki Pass)
- Kōzen-ji (Kōzen-ji Temple)
- Komakasu Hot Spring official site