Rin goes camping at Lake Motosu. That evening she is startled by a stranger, Nadeshiko, near the washroom. Nadeshiko biked here to see Mount Fuji, then had a nap for the rest of the afternoon. With it getting dark she is afraid to bike home, and has no food either.
Rin offers curry noodles which they both eat at the campfire. They enjoy the view of Mount Fuji after the clouds clear up, before Sakura, Nadeshiko's older sister, comes and picks her up. Nadeshiko gives Rin her number so they can stay in touch.
The episode ends with a scene in school, which both Nadeshiko and Rin attend, although neither of them knows that the other is there.
Room Camp episode
Chiaki imagines a tent that would make winter camping more attractive. With a heater and a hard-shell roof, it resembles a kotatsu, which is a low table with a surrounding blanket and a heater underneath.
- Rin Shima
- Nadeshiko Kagamihara
- Sakura Kagamihara
- Lake Motosu Caretaker
- Ena Saitō
- Shizuka Kagamihara (Voice)
- Nadeshiko said she biked all the way from her home in Nanbu to the campground area, roughly 23 miles (35 km) of travel. Assuming the cycling speed is about 10mph (even scooter speed limit is 18mph), Nadeshiko did some 2 hrs riding a bike for the views.
- When Nadeshiko goes to school, she travels from Utsubuna Station to Kai-Tokiwa Station on the Minobu Line which is a 40-minute trip. In theory, there are not any high schools around the Nanbu area so her only option is going to Motosu High School in Minobu. In real life, the school at Motosu was an elementary and middle school, not a high school. It closed when the school districts were consolidated in 2012. The closest high school she could attend in real-life is Minobu High School (山梨県立身延高等学校) in Umedaira (梅平) near Minobu Station.
This gallery shows the estimate of traveling of the involved characters (and some real-life sense).
Notes & Trivia
- Rin is camping at Koan Campground on Lake Motosu, northwest of Mount Fuji.
- The winding road which the girls use to bike up the mountain from the village of Ichinose is about 14 km, climbing 650m in elevation (from 264m at the river to 912m at the lake).
- Many upcoming characters are shown in the background or in very brief scenes (such as Chiaki Oogaki, Aoi Inuyama, and Ena Saitou).