Rin Shima goes camping and ends up meeting Nadeshiko Kagamihara. Nadeshiko reveals that she had originally been waiting for the bus to go see Mount Fuji, but had missed all of them because she was sleeping.
They share curry noodles and enjoy the view of Mount Fuji after the clouds clear up, before Sakura Kagamihara, Nadeshiko's older sister, comes and picks her up. Nadeshiko gives Rin her number so they can stay in touch.
The episode ends with a scene in school, which both Nadeshiko and Rin attend, although neither of them knows that the other is there.
This Gallery shows the estimate of traveling of the involved characters (and some real life scence).
- Nadeshiko said she biked all the way from home around Utsubuna to the campground area, roughly 23 miles (35 km) of travel. Assuming the cycling speed is about 10mph (even scooter speed limit is 18mph), Nadeshiko did some 2hrs riding bike for the views.
- When Nadeshiko goes to school, she travels from Utsubuna Station to Kai-Tokiwa Station on the Minobu Line which is a 40-minute trip. In theory, there are not any Senior high around Nanbu area so her only option is taking the Motosu high school l in Minobu. In real life, the school at Motosu was an elementary and middle school, not a high school. It closed when the school districts were consolidated in 2012. The closest high school she could attend is Minobu High School (山梨県立身延高等学校) in Umedaira (梅平) near Minobu Station.
Notes & Trivia
- Rin is camping at Koan Campground on Lake Motosu, northwest of Mount Fuji.
- The winding road which the girls use to bike up the mountain from the village of Ichinose is about 14 km, climbing 650m in elevation (from 264m at the river to 912m at the lake).
- Many upcoming characters are shown in the background or in very brief scenes (such as Chiaki Oogaki, Aoi Inuyama, and Ena Saitou).