Nadeshiko Kagamihara (各務原 なでしこ) is a young girl from Nanbu-chō (Nanbu town). She is the younger sister of Sakura Kagamihara.
Nadeshiko is a pale-skinned teenage girl with light blue eyes and long pink hair which she keeps in twin ponytails on the back of her neck which is held by white ruffled scrunchies.
When camping, she is seen wearing a pink plaid jacket, a light pink ruffled dress underneath, black leggings, and green-and-white lace-up boots (or, alternatively, dark brown boots that are rolled down) with grey fingerless gloves and an orange scarf.
While in school, she wears the typical female uniform (seifuku, 制服).
Her interest in camping is first ignited after oversleeping on a bench near by Lake Motosuko, leading her to wake in the middle of the night which results in her first encounter with Rin Shima who then peaks her interest in the activity.
At the end of season one, in episode 12 of the series, she is seen solo camping in the same location that episode 1 takes place (Lake Motosuko) where, by coincidence, she runs into Rin after a text exchange between the two in which she receives a picture form Rin of herself taking a photo of Mt. Fuji.
Nadeshiko is a cheerful, energetic, and often ditsy girl who comes off as easily excitable.
- The name Nadeshiko means "personification of an idealized Japanese woman" or "the epitome of pure, feminine beauty".
- Nadeshiko's surname Kagamihara is taken from "Kakamigahara", which is another city mentioned in the show. Take note that although "Kakamigahara" is the official name of the city, it is also called Kakamihara, Kagamihara, or Kagamigahara by tradition.
- Nadeshiko likes to eats a lot.
- Nadeshiko's birthday is the same as Aoi Inuyama's, which is March 4.
- Nadeshiko is nominated for Best Girl in Crunchyroll's 2018 Anime Awards.
- Crunchyroll News - Fan Creates Adorable Laid-Back Camp Doll We're Dying to Camp With by Joseph Luster July 25, 2018 7:11am PDT